The only award of its kind, the Power 50 ranks the UK mobile industry’s most influential individuals of 2021, with the winner announced at the Mobile Industry Awards 2021 on September 29th.
Now in its 14th year, the extraordinary calibre of previous winners ensures the competition’s developments are anticipated with baited breath.
As the market matures, the margin for error narrows and the need for decisive leadership grows, making the Power 50 an unrivalled and indispensable insight into the boardrooms and minds that drive the UK mobile market.
How are the rankings decided?
Our expert editorial team decide the Power 50 list with the help of nominations in May. To make the Power 50 list, an executive needs to be bold in their leadership and vision, and have exceeded expectations in the different categories we have chosen. We look for those who have influence beyond their existing roles, in addition to imbuing their businesses with their values.
When are the rankings announced?
10 executives will be announced every week in the four weeks leading up to the Awards with the final winner announced on the day.
2021 POWER 50
Our 2021 Power 50 so far:
11. Andrea Dona, UK Network & Development Director, Vodafone UK
12. Jeff Dodds, COO, Virgin Media O2
13. Elaine Carey, Chief Commercial Officer, Three UK
14. Ashley Schofield, CEO, GiffGaff
15. Oliver Dowden, Digital Minister, UK Government
16. Gareth Turpin, Chief Commercial Officer, Virgin Media O2
17. Jo Bertram, Managing Director, Business, Virgin Media O2
18. David Hennessy, CTO, Three UK
19. Sharon Meadows, Director of Propositions, EE
20. Anne Sheehan, Business Director, Vodafone UK
21. James Kitto, VP Sales, Samsung UK & Ireland
22. Jon Shaw, Head of Consumer Sales, Vodafone UK
23. Kate Beaumont, Director Device Operations, Product & Innovation, Vodafone UK
24. Tom Denyard, CEO, Tesco Mobile
25. William Paterson, UK & Ireland country director, TCL
26. Joe Walsh, Director B2B, Samsung UK
27. Anson Zhang, Managing Director, Huawei Consumer Business Group
28. Dame Melanie Dawes, CEO, Ofcom
29. Mark Allsop, COO, Dixons Carphone
30. Pierre Coppin, Director Marketing Mobile, Sky Mobile
31. Fergal Donovan, Regional President - Europe, PCS Wireless
32. Anurag Khilnani, Category Leader/GM, Wireless/Home Entertainment, Amazon UK
33. Gerry O’Keeffe, European President, Likewize
34. Payton Dobbs, General Manager, UK Devices & Services, Google
35. James Reed, Managing Director - Endpoint Solutions, Tech Data
36. Maria Fernandez, SMB Director, O2
37. Phil Siveter, CEO, UK & Ireland, Nokia
38. Graham Long, Director, Huawei Consumer Business Group
39. Steve Oliver, CEO, musicMagpie
40. Greg Mesch, CEO, CityFibre
41. David Lawson, Managing Director, AO Retail
42. Christian McBride, Founder, Genuine Solutions Group
43. Jonathan Clamp, Sales Director, Three UK
44. Kevin Cho, General Manager UK, Oppo
45. Terry O'Brien, Wholesale CEO, Digital Wholesale Solutions
46. Martin Flick, CEO, Onecom
47. Miles Norman, General Manager UK & Ireland, Lenovo
48. Dave McGinn, CEO, Daisy Communications
49. Omar Riaz, General Manager, UK, HMD Global
50. Peter Carnall, Managing Director, Eurostar Global Distribution
Full 50 revealed
Person of the Year announced